TENETS OF THE SOCIO-POLITICAL
The Mouvement pour lUnité National (Movement
for National Unity - MOUN or "people" in the Creole
language) is a socio-political organization whose goal is
to stonewall the threat of dictatorship facing Haiti based
on the countrys motto: Liberty, Equality, Fraternity,
with a global vision for reconstruction. To do so, MOUN proposes
- Offer an alternative to the Haitian people by creating
a moderate pro-business movement open to all Haitians both at home
- Encourage new elections with the support of the International
Community and in particular, the friends of Haiti in order
to establish a legitimate government representative of all
sectors of society, with respect for human rights, order,
- Join efforts with existing law enforcement agencies to
establish a climate of peace and public safety in the immediate,
thus allowing the population to catch its breath and envisage
its future with serenity.
- Work towards creating a committee comprised of credible
and honest citizens from the various sectors of society,
to investigate the background of all candidates to elective
office in order to ascertain the strength of their moral
and patriotic values, while calling upon women and other
competent and moral persons who so far, have not run for
office due to fear, to come to the help of their country.
- Work at modernizing Haiti and move it towards development
by promoting the ideas of todays world, as well as
literacy, civic and health education.
- Mend the social fabric torn to pieces by the division
created by some irresponsible leaders by spreading new ideas
aimed at helping young Haitians become more responsible
by proposing a dignified manner for them to earn a living
and to put their skills at their countrys service
with respect for others.
- Create a stable environment to encourage both local and
foreign investments, to be established throughout the country
in view of decongesting Port-au-Prince.
- Modernize agriculture to arrive at some degree of food
sufficiency and stabilize the countrys economy. Work
closely with Haitis friends to promote free trade
and modernize the economy.
- Promote true democracy, respect for the rights of one
and all, build reliable institutions and implement adequate
structures to salvage what is left of the environment.
Georges Saati President/C.E.O., Simi Global Corporation
Harry Joseph - President, Radio Focus International
Dr. Ranley Desir - Treasurer
Ms. Vivianne N. Boulos - Secretary
Carl Fombrun - Advisor
HAITI! LET S LOOK TO THE FUTURE!